We fund projects that:
- will make a difference for young people
- have not started yet
- will last no longer than 18 months
When we are assessing your application, we will consider:
- whether the project is relevant to heritage, community, or sport in Scotland
- how it will improve mental and or physical health and wellbeing for young people
- how capable your organisation is of carrying out the project
- overall value for money
Is this the right funding programme for your project?
If you answered 'yes' to all the questions below, then this could be the right funding programme for you.
You can find out more about the application and assessment process in our:
To register and apply for a grant, visit the Heritage Lottery Fund online application portal where you can access and fill in the Young Roots application form
If you are not already registered, you will need to set up a new user account. Once you are registered, you can access the portal via the Heritage Lottery Fund website. If you receive a grant, you will also use the portal to make grant payment requests and submit your end of grant report.